Traffic Counter

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bridge Over Cold Water





Hey guys, check out this bridge in Juneau, Alaska. My mom took this photo and sent it to me on her way to Alaska about a year ago when she took the ferry over to live there. She loves it! We haven't been there yet, it looks way to cold for me. Although, my mom says its warm enough for people to wear shorts most of the year. My mom's only complaints are that there are not alot restaurants besides McDonalds or KFC or places to shop and in the winter it's dark most of the day. Since she's been there she has sent us some strange food but it taste good. We've had swaei and milk fish and some spicy reindeer sausage that I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole but my husband and my sons like it especially on the grill. She really likes living there because she likes to fish and she loves to look at the whales. My husband and sons can't wait to go to Alaska so they can fish. They looove to fish. Me not so much, but I hear it is beautiful there so it would be worth it to brave some of the extreme temperatures to go and see my mom.

9 comments:

  1. Alaska is number one on my bucket list! within 2 years

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw it looks so nice! I wanna go there sooooooo bad! I had a friend just move to Alaska and he keeps telling me I need to come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! My aunt lives in King Salmon. It's beautiful but more lake-y than snow-y.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Alaska! And reindeer meat is SOOOO GOOD!! And their salmon...UGH! TO DIE FOR! I can't eat farm raised salmon anymore because I had so much wild caught. mm...yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this pictures is beautiful!! i love it!! you did such a good job taking it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arg, I miss mountains.
    Alaska is one place I've wanted to go for a loooooong time.

    ReplyDelete