Traffic Counter

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Not Soon Forgotton



The day the bombing occurred I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing at the time I felt the earth shake below me. I was at work, not far from the Murrah Building Bombing, filing some paperwork. At the time it occurred, I thought hum that was strange but I didn't think anything else about it until the news broke of what happened. I was shaken with utter disbelief. I thought this can't be happening. It felt like a bad dream unfolding before my very eyes..(Much like the Sept. 11 tragedy in New York City). I immediately begin to wonder if any of my loved ones could have been at the Murrah Building that day. So I quickly grabbed the phone at work and starting calling any and everybody I knew to make sure they were okay, then I begin to pray for the families of the loved ones trapped in the building.

The images I saw on television that day and the days that followed will be forever ingrained in my memory. It is still hard to wrap my mind around this horrible act of terrorism that occurred on Oklahoma soil over 15 years ago. All the men, women and children that lost their lives in the Murrah Building Bombing may be gone but not soon forgotten. They will be forever ingrained in our hearts and minds.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even live here then...but my sister has been here since 1990, and she remembers what happened that day...it was her 30th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Must have been kinda crazy to hear it....

    ReplyDelete