Traffic Counter

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nature's Fury

Nature has once again unleashed her fury. I don't know what she's mad about but she's upset about something. A lot of us are still recuperating from the hail storm we had not to long ago. Out of all the stories I heard yesterday, the most captivating one is about the teenager that was walking to work and was caught in flood waters trying to help another lady that was stranded in the flood waters as well. Bless her. My heart just went out to her and her family. I had a teenager at home yesterday wanting to get out and go to his grandparents but being the protective mom that I am, I wouldn't let him. I couldn't bear the thought of him being caught out in those flood waters. Even though he is a strong young man (a 240 pound offensive and defensive linebacker and a strong swimmer) I still would've been outrageously worried. Thank God that young lady was a strong swimmer and was able to hang on for as long as she did until help arrived. I just wonder what happened to the person she was trying to help. The news never mentioned anything else about it. My next thought was, why was she even out walking to work in those types of conditions anyway?? I really feel bad for all those people whose homes flooded that didn't have flood insurance. I feel their pain. In the last hail storm we had, my children's play room was flooded and the insurance wouldn't pay to fix it because they said we needed flood insurance, but whenever we took out insurance on our homes, they were quick to tell us that we didn't need flood insurance in Oklahoma that's a joke! We know now!! And what about all those people whose vehicles were flooded? Are they going to need flood insurance as well? That was some sight to see all those cars under water...

3 comments:

  1. I felt bad for the 16 year old girl that clung to a tree for an ungodly amount of time waiting to get rescued and then called out the channel 4 news team who got the fire resque to get her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think about car dealerships! Advice to Okies: don't buy a new car for awhile. Although they might have some good sales after this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive had to cover this story many ways for a news story, 11 inches is crazy, 132 accidents...

    ReplyDelete