Traffic Counter

Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Jitters"

Tomorrow after class, I have the first interview I've had in over 12 years. I'm just a tad bit nervous. I did have a mock interview two semesters ago with two professors (one I didn't know) as a part of one of my teaching courses. It was a big deal. I was nervous then too. We had to prepare and present our resume, cover letter and reference page for the specific position we were applying for and we also had to dress professionally for our interview. After our interview we were graded on our appearance, preparedness and professionalism. I did fine, but I'm still a little nervous. Does anybody have any last minute advice? I believe the main thing is to be myself. That always seemed to work for me in the past...

2 comments:

  1. Ya just be yourself, don't be afraid to laugh and not be so uptight the whole time!! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father-in-law is retired from doing hiring at a local hospital. I asked him some advice just last week.
    Be yourself.
    Be honest. Always.
    Have a weakness, everyone does. Not that junk about being a perfectionist.
    Don't be 15 min early, but don't be late. They are taking time out of their schedule to see you.
    Ask questions about the position, working there, attitudes, what the boss likes, etc. It shows you are truly interested. Don't ask about the company, as you are supposed to know that stuff going in.
    Send a hand writen thank you card. Not everyone does this, and most just send an email these days.
    That's all I can remember....

    ReplyDelete