Traffic Counter

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"A Thousand Beating Hammers"

At 7 a.m., I woke up to a thousand beating hammers on my roof. Although the sound of hammers banging on my ceiling isn't doing anything for my headache, it's a relief to know the work is finally being done. For weeks, I didn't want to answer my door or even go outside because of roofers swarming through the neighborhood pouncing on any and everyone they saw and didn't see trying to drum up business from the last hail storm. I kind of felt like a prisoner in my own home. It would seem there would be plenty of business to go around with all the damage that was done. I had thirty-thousand plus dollars worth of damage done to my home. Not only was the roof damaged but the gutters, siding, children's toys in the backyard, shed, garage door and I had damage to my bonus room. Sadly enough, there are even roofing companies driving through the neighborhood stealing other roofing companies supplies off people's driveways as they wait to have their roofs repaired. "How crazy is that."

As I was standing on my porch last night talking to yet another person who rang my doorbell trying to sell me a product my neighbor across the street yelled to me out of his car window as he was leaving "there is a roofer coming at 9 o'clock better beware". The fury of roofers left scurrying in the neighbor has become a running joke because nothing deters them not even having someone else's sign posted in your yard. Have to go, it's hard to concentrate with all the noise.

3 comments:

  1. That storm was crazy, I was stuck in the middle of it alone in my dads truck!! SCARY!! Sorry you had to deal with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attention getter--1,000 beating hammaers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the roof. Let us know how it goes. Maybe even put the company that did the work. Give them some free advertising if they do a good job. :)

    ReplyDelete