Traffic Counter

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Stranger Things Have Happened



In August 2006, my husband and I took a long awaited honeymoon in Maui, Hawaii after 18 years of marriage. It was beautiful and well worth our wait. We had a blast. We went snorkeling in the Pacific Ocean, at which time we saw lots of beautiful fish and a few sharks. We also rode ATV's up a volcanic mountain, where we could look down and see the home where Tiger Woods lives in Hawaii. We also had the opportunity to see the home Oprah owns in Hawaii. While we were there we also attended a Luau and partook of some of the freshest tasting food and drink I ever had. We also took a cruise around the island in which I became very sea sick and a little tipsy from the biggest Pina Colada's known to man. The views were the most breathtaking views in the world. But there were some views that made you say Hum...See what you think. Strange but beautiful, right!!

4 comments:

  1. Did you take those?
    I've seen that before many times rom growing up in Washington. A tree falls over and becomes a "nurse log". Other trees grow out of it and the roots trail down to the ground. Eventually the tree rots away, leaving crazy looking roots. I forget what the term is called for that....
    I think you have a metaphor about deep love & needing each other...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the twisted branches of the bottom tree. I always hear nothing but how beautiful Hawaii is. I'm jealous! But I'm glad you had a good time. Maybe one day I'll say "aloha" to the pretty state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...look what you're doing with yoru blog!

    ReplyDelete